Great day out campaigning in Cambuslang and Rutherglen. On Thursday, vote for a local champion, not an SNP spokesperson for Nicola Sturgeon’s independence campaign.
Rutherglen Labour’s five point action plan:
1. Rebuild and refurbish every school. Labour will put the next generation first and continue to invest in our next generation.
2. Invest in Rutherglen and Cambuslang’s Main Streets. We’re committing £5.5m to South Lanarkshire roads and we’ll work with our local businesses to improve the local area.
3. Oppose a second independence referendum. Labour doesn’t want more division: we need councillors to get on with the day job.
4. 1,000 new homes for South Lanarkshire. Only Labour has a plan to tackle the housing crisis – the SNP failed on housebuilding.
5. Protected care budget for our older population. We’re standing up against SNP and Tory cuts to our most vulnerable people.