I recently signed up to Shelter’s Make Renting Right Campaign. It is a hugely important issue and it comes down to tackling income insecurity across the UK, and promoting decent, affordable, and secure housing for those who need it most. For many young people in our community renting is not an option but the only choice available. I have long advocated for urgent reform to our housing market and that is why I have joined forces with my Scottish Labour parliamentary colleagues in pledging my support to reform the private rented sector. Shelter’s campaign wants:
- Stability for people wanting to make rented housing their home.
- Flexibility for people to stay in their home as long as they need.
- A modern tenancy that gives security and flexibility for tenants AND landlords.
- A fair system for sorting out renting problems when they occur.
- Predictable rents for tenants and landlords.
You can find out more info here.