Click HERE to visit the link posted
Breaking: here’s what Kezia Dugdale has said on today’s Brexit ruling.
– It’s right that the UK Parliament should get a vote on triggering Article 50. It’s clear now that this is a decision for the UK Parliament.
– Labour in the UK Parliament will seek to amend the Article 50 Bill to prevent Tories using Brexit to turn Britain into a bargain basement tax haven off the coast of Europe.
– We’ll continue to work with the Scottish Government to get the best deal for Scotland within the UK.
– Both the SNP and the Conservatives are casting about for an expedient political position rather than working in the national interest. Unity can’t be achieved by politics that sees one half of the country constantly facing off against the other.
– We’re divided enough already. There will be no support from Scottish Labour for any SNP plan for a second independence referendum.
– Only Labour’s standing up for what the majority of Scots want – a strong Scottish Parliament within the UK and close ties with Europe.